Khandurian

Testing Self made cables...

if this is not the correct sub-forum, please move to correct forum for me please.

While making some cables for a(n) home installation, I used 2 piece bnc crimp connectors with some Siamese rg59 cable. I was curious on how well I was really making this connection.

I know my video is nice crisp and clear, but I honestly do not feel comfortable that I have made a good connection. It's like one of those things that bug you just enough to keep you awake at night hoping and praying you did a good job.

Some of you when you first started out im sure you had that problem. Anyways, sorry sometimes I go off on a whim.

What I was wondering, is there a tester out there that I may purchase that might actually test the quality of the length of cable, etc. etc. I can always test the cable for continuity, make sure it's not shorted out. But I was wondering if there was something out there to make sure it can handle the bandwith, etc. etc.

Thanks for the info.

relax. You probably did a good job. If you want to test your connectors just give them a good yank. If you want to get a tester to test your cable ya you can spend alot on some video line generator.Or you could get a time domain refloctometer. Or you could just get a multimeter and then measure your ohm rating on your cable. Thats the easiest way and least exspensive. (besides the yank)