garzajd3

Alittle off topic - Perimeter alarm

Ok I'm looking for a device that I can setup at a field. Once "on" if someone walks onto the field it would simply break the beam that would be surrounding the filed and trigger the alarm and/or camera presets.

I do not simply want a motion detection device as it is a large area and too many things can give false alarms. Does anyone know of what type of devices are out there? I've seen many that are used for fences that sound like they would work. I just want to have something that basically surrounds the field in a square shape so if someone walks on and breaks those beams then we know for sure it is an alarm.

Thanks for ANY help on this one.

is this going to be wired or wireless?

http://www.rotron.com has some wireless VHF/UHF equipemnt that you can use at the field..uses batteries. Basically a RQT-150 connects to the beam equipment, the RTQ then communicates with the Teleswitch which is basically a switch clouser device via DTMF signaling. Connect the teleswitch to a I/O board and you an then direct the I/O equipment to respond as programmed. ie..connect to an alarm panel for "zone" alarm trigger or to a I/O to have a PTZ spin around and start recording.

If it is wired........connect the beam terminals to a simple 12vdc relay board that provides NO/NC switching. Once the beam is triggered the relay is "switched" thus providing NO/NC..as you wired...to the device of choice

i have done alot of jobs with photoelectric beams. They work great. I have not had any experience with wireless ones. But beams on perimeter work great.

Either photo beams like Optex or sesmic sensors. I would contact a licensed professional alarm installer in your area.