freeflyer

which one? Asus ATI graphics card

Hi

I am building a GV1480 system and have two Asus silent 256Mb Graphics cards available to use; will they both work? which one would you recommend / choose? i will be running 3 monitors on as high a res as I can get plus the GV DSP output on a CCTV monitor

Asus EAX1300PRO (graphics engine is RADEON X1300PRO SILENT)

256MB DDR2 / 600MHz clock / Memory Clock 800MHz (400MHz DDR2)

Memory Interface 128-bit

or

Asus AX700 (graphics engine is ATI Radeon X700LE)

256 MB DDR / 400MHz clock / Memory Clock 500MHz

Memory Interface 256-bit

thanx for any help

I think you are worrying just a little too much

.. the 128-256MB DDR AGP cards have been flawless in the past, and the X300 is perfect ..

The DSP output has no dependencies on the video card BTW.

Hey vf702

CCTV monitor will be on the DSP output to another room, the three PC monitors are to be set up with one going to the room next to the system and the other two will be to allow me to spread the desktop over several screens, mainly the geo interface, allowing me larger viewing of the Cam outputs. I'm sure it'll take me a while to get it set up just right.

I've been using a Matrox Parhelia on the work PC for a coupla years now with surround vision (1 monitor left, centre & right) and I'd feel a bit lost without the same on the Geo system, Guess I'm a bit of a geek , but as you know, once you get used to something its hard to go without it..he he

I agree, once you go 1+ monitors... you'll never go back to JUST one. I got two, but would do more if I had space and outputs.

It would be cool to see a screen shot once you have it fired up. I have used two on my personal computer for a while and love it, but haven't tried it yet on a geo system.