rikky

Cascading DVRs with central management

Does there exist a solution on Kalatel DVMRe to cascade multiple machines with one central management for live (multi) viewing and management of recorded images.

I'm thinking of a comparable solution to the Philips LTC2605/91 solution.

Has anyone in the world got experience with these systems.

Which are the pros and cons?

Many thanks,

How many? There is the multi screen built into the new wavereader, up to 16 DVMRes, 64 total cameras at once on one screen. You can also connect to as many others as you want using multiple instances of the software.

Now that said, Phillips DVRs are windows 2000, last time i checked, so they would have more features in this area, but I dont think they have a 64 way multi screen feature in them. If i think I know what you mean, having a folder view on the left with multiple DVRs, and the video from each one on the right frame? I have looked at some other PC based ones, and this software can easily be created for Kalatel DVRs also, havent had a need for it, but actually do now as I have multiple DVRs around town, and more adding. I will throw a demo together and post it here for you to check out.

PS. Still working on that search and save to 60D file function, no luck as yet, but another day or so will know more.

Rory

Rory,

Thanks for your input.

In fact, I'm looking for a live video solution, which is being prefered by the client over the Wavereader software.

That's why the Philips solution which acts like a switching matrix with integrated DVR features suites fine.

Just feeling unlucky that Kalatel hasn't got this feature.

Rory,

I mentionned live, meaning not via network or Wavereader

Okay, what does phillips have that kalatel doesnt?

"The LTC 2605/91 Video Manager provides advanced switching capability in system configurations that incorporate either Divar digital video recorder devices or System4 series multiplexer devices. The unique video management capability of this unit reduces the number of monitors required in the system. This way a single control station can easily control up to sixteen connected devices."

Is this what you mean? If so, this has been around in CCTV for years, and Kalatel has had it for many years before phillips started CCTV.

With the Kalatel units, you dont need a seperate video manager. You can link up to 32 keypads and DVMRs over RS485. You can also use multiplexers with seperate single channel DVRs also. So if you had 10 systems, you could still only use 1 monitor and 1 keypad if you wanted, or any combination of them, up to a total of 32 devices. They are all rackmountable.

You can also rackmount DVSe Storage units, that hold as much as 2TB disk space each, as many as you want.

You can pretty much do anything with the Kalatel Units, but it is the price that is high. They have full matrix systems, and more, it depends what you need.

Rory