freeflyer

Help! Cable protection sleeve

Hi All

I am trying to identify a source for the flexible (steel?) conduit / sleeving that protects the cables coming from the rear of an exterior camera housing to the junction box. i.e. The stuff that stops someone cutting through the cables at the part between the housing and the junction box

any ideas, has this stuff got a trade name? I'm based in the UK

Thanx for any advice

cable.JPG.8ee0f936c562d9c898360ee2d9369497.JPG

Thanx Rory,

Being a lazy git, I was wondering if there was an item or ready to use kit in the trade that came with the conduit ends capped / fitted with glands already, with or without a weatherproof (IP67) junction box? To save me having to buy a 10M roll of flexi conduit, cutting it, and fitting the glands etc.

Do they exist?

Regardz, FF

Yeh! I'm being Scottish about it, dont wanna pay a sparky to do it when I have hands myself, just thought it would save the hassle if there was a ready to use kit for this task, off to the elec distributors it is then!

P.S. Tested the EX14 on night vision last night, it's wicked, putting the system in this week, ordered a pre built hot swap 1480 rack system from Geo, as works hectic, kids are on holiday and I just don't have the time to spec & build a system myself, can't wait to have it all up & running.

Laterz FF

The trade name in the US is "sealtite". It is waterproof with a grey jacket surrounding a flexible metal conduit. This is different from flex conduit which is not water proof. Sealtite also includes a ground band wound in the conduit and requires sealtite compression fittings which have a inner bushing and are watertite.

Thanks Rory & Mariner

All done, went to elec distributors and purchased, same stuff as the sealtite mentioned but in black waterproof / sealed outer with flexi steel conduit inside; compression fittings on ends etc fitted to IP67 box.

It looks great & does the job well, bit of a bugger to cut through though but hey, aint that the idea

Regardz

FF

1157544476-hubbell.jpg

The above product is the Hubbell PS05GYKIT which is a kit complete with:

6 foot polytuff conduit 1/2 inch grey (3/4 inch option)

2 Swivellok connectors between straight and 90 degrees.

This kit is commonly used for HVAC systems but works great for exterior camera installations. The swivellok connectors can be adjusted in 15 degree steps to meet any angle....better to look good!

I keep of couple of these inexpensive kits in stock for this purpose.

Home Depot HVAC install kit, or buy the weather proof tubing loose per your required length. The ends/boxes are also available there.