madmandare

Installing Hikvision Doorbell IP Cam to my DVR

Hi,

I currently have an 8 channel Hikvision Turbo DVR (DS-7208HQHI-K1) connected to 8 x 1080p AHD cameras.

However, i have noticed that my DVR will also accept 2 x additional channels of IP cameras, so can actually support 10 x cameras total.

I am considering buying this for my front door (DB-120A-IW):

https://www.hikvision.com/uk/Products/Hiwatch/Doorbell/DB-120A-IW

308155_1.jpg

And i just wanted to double check whteher this will work with the IP channels on my DVR?

Do i simply connect this wifi device to my Network Router and then to my DVR via an assigned IP?

Lastly, once connected to my DVR, would this camera stay turned ON and record 24/7 like a normal camera?

Thanks

On 7/12/2018 at 10:25 AM, madmandare said:

Hi,

I currently have an 8 channel Hikvision Turbo DVR (DS-7208HQHI-K1) connected to 8 x 1080p AHD cameras.

However, i have noticed that my DVR will also accept 2 x additional channels of IP cameras, so can actually support 10 x cameras total.

I am considering buying this for my front door (DB-120A-IW):

https://www.hikvision.com/uk/Products/Hiwatch/Doorbell/DB-120A-IW

308155_1.jpg

And i just wanted to double check whteher this will work with the IP channels on my DVR?

Do i simply connect this wifi device to my Network Router and then to my DVR via an assigned IP?

Lastly, once connected to my DVR, would this camera stay turned ON and record 24/7 like a normal camera?

Thanks

HiWatch DB-120A-IW WiFi Smart Doorbell wont connect to dvr
it has recognized that the doorbell is on the dvr hickvision dvr but it says the bit-rate is to high,
how do i resolve this.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: