andywilde16

Foggy Dome CCTV Camera Night Vision

I have a TrendNet Dome style CCTV camera on the front of my house which has a great and clear picture during daylight hours but at night when the IR is active the image is foggy.

I have cleaned the Dome with glass cleaner and checked that the foam ring is in place between the lenses and the done.

I have noticed that the Dome does have some scratches on it - not sure if that is the reason for the foggy picture as shown in the attached snapshot.

Thanks in advance

Andy

1682487759_Screenshot2018-10-1900_24_00.thumb.png.6d7c2e456ff9f5a4c9a715b7ae946ce6.png

Hey guys I’m new to this forum and glad I found the link to possibly my issue ..but I can’t seem to remove my domes off of the camera Any suggestions...I’m thinking maybe from being in the sun maybe it melted the gasket and that’s why it’s getting foggy? Idk sounds silly to me but damn these things are on there good

MKdark, a plastic dome exposed to sunlight may get foggy/cloudy. Did you see the Hikvision link I posted above about foggy video?

On 1/5/2019 at 8:05 AM, 51cent said:

MKdark, a plastic dome exposed to sunlight may get foggy/cloudy. Did you see the Hikvision link I posted above about foggy video?

Yeah I’m gonna try removing the domes and take a better look thank you

1 hour ago, Mkdarkforce said:

Yeah I’m gonna try removing the domes and take a better look thank you

They'll probably lose their water/moisture resistance when you do that.

You're finding out why some (many?) feel dome cameras are not optimal for outdoor use.  Personally, I would have thought domes best for outdoor use--until I read up on it a bit and learned of their downsides.

On 1/6/2019 at 2:25 PM, Cortian said:

They'll probably lose their water/moisture resistance when you do that.

You're finding out why some (many?) feel dome cameras are not optimal for outdoor use.  Personally, I would have thought domes best for outdoor use--until I read up on it a bit and learned of their downsides.

Oh really?? ...yeah I figured they were gonna be good outside due to their ip rating 

So I opened up the camera and I tried to clean it I’m still seeing the fog..my next step is to buy the wall mount but I don’t think it’s too close to any objects there’s nothing in front of it.... I’m gonna have to mess with it some more though I was on a time crunch so I spent like 2 mins on it

Has anyone tried silica gel packets? If so did that take care of the issue if it’s moisture ..I only ask cause I finally removed the dome cap today and I noticed some moisture on the rubber seal