jlt

Hopefully an easy one

I am trying to get a simple system to give me an image from a single camera directly to a small monitor. I had this working when I bought the hardware but can't get it to work now. See the pic for current set up. I have used one or both power supplies and tried both AV1 and AV2 with both yellow connectors. The monitor has power and reports No Signal.

Help??

cctvcam2.thumb.jpg.0fefd972bd87fa0714ed31fe79b501b4.jpg

Hi. I can just make out in your picture that you have power going from power supply to your monitor.

I see you have 3 red going to connector but I can only see two black. You don't have a neutral from the camera.

image.thumb.jpeg.20baa71c0a1de7e5cdd09e399298f0ab.jpeg

The camera only has a yellow(video) and red(power). The monitor has two yellow, a blue (not using this) and a red and black. I hooked up a connector to the red and black for the monitor to provide power from the power supply. I hope that clarifies.

The camera only has a yellow(video) and red(power). The monitor has two yellow, a blue (not using this) and a red and black. I hooked up a connector to the red and black for the monitor to provide power from the power supply. I hope that clarifies.

Hi. That means your camera has no power

You will have yellow with a braid around it and a red

Yellow goes to + side of BNC

The braid goes to - side of BNC and also your neutral

Just as a quick test run a wire from power black and touch the BNC you should get a image

The purple wire is to reverse the image .......used if using camera as a reversing camera on a car.

image.thumb.jpeg.c4fe2116842e4b6c60922851f6865c9c.jpeg

I have powered the camera separately with a power supply to the red wire as seen on the left side of the original image.

I have powered the camera separately with a power supply to the red wire as seen on the left side of the original image.

If you the link wire you will get an image

I bridged a wire across there as you suggested. Still no image. Is there a way to tell which yellow connector on the monitor is AV1 and which is AV2?