Sign in to follow this  
uk-101

ANPR Software - Open Source

Hi all

I've been looking at ANPR software, specifically OpenALPR as it's open source. This one seems best suited for my needs (just one camera, home use) but it's missing a few features.

iSpy's ANPR software wasn't as reliable detection as OpenALPR's. I played with iVMS 5200 - but had issues getting their ANPR to work, or even connecting it to their CMS so gave up early, plus it's lots of $.

I may be going down the open source version of OpenALPR but that means dusting my dev hat off and well, I'm hoping there's a similar solution someone might already be aware of? Or has anyone here developed their own version using OpenALPR?

I prefer the server/agent set up that can utilise a GPU.

Cheers,

Adrian

Hi all

I've been looking at ANPR software, specifically OpenALPR as it's open source. This one seems best suited for my needs (just one camera, home use) but it's missing a few features.

iSpy's ANPR software wasn't as reliable detection as OpenALPR's. I played with iVMS 5200 - but had issues getting their ANPR to work, or even connecting it to their CMS so gave up early, plus it's lots of $.

I may be going down the open source version of OpenALPR but that means dusting my dev hat off and well, I'm hoping there's a similar solution someone might already be aware of? Or has anyone here developed their own version using OpenALPR?

I prefer the server/agent set up that can utilise a GPU.

Cheers,

Adrian

uk-101,

I would appreciate if you kindly let me know when you would get it successfully done.

I am quite interested in, keeping my fingers crossed.