300winmag

Updating DS-7732 NI-SP from .264 to .265???

I bought my NVR and cameras few years back and I would like to upgrade my camera's but all the new ones use .265.

I would like to update my closed system nvr to record in 265 for all my cameras to save on space(even old ones if thats possible??)

I have 2 new camera's that are 265 but yet to install them, I will be ordering myself 4 more varifocal 265 cameras soon but I want to know if its possible to update my nvr to record in 265. Half my cameras will be 265 and the other half are older 264..... What are my options here?? Thanks!

I bought my NVR and cameras few years back and I would like to upgrade my camera's but all the new ones use .265.

I would like to update my closed system nvr to record in 265 for all my cameras to save on space(even old ones if thats possible??)

I have 2 new camera's that are 265 but yet to install them, I will be ordering myself 4 more varifocal 265 cameras soon but I want to know if its possible to update my nvr to record in 265. Half my cameras will be 265 and the other half are older 264..... What are my options here?? Thanks!

Depending on your cameras they will be h264/265. So will work on a h264 only NVR but only at h264. And that is auto setup.

As far as software for your NVR to h265 ..... No ..... Components are missing from your NVR from doing that.

Components are missing from the NVR just to upgrade the codec? I figured it would just ba a software upgrade like it would be on a computer....

If I can upgrade it to 265 I should still have the ability to tell the NVR to record in 264 or 265 for each camera... At least that what I read about the new nvr's.

Components are missing from the NVR just to upgrade the codec? I figured it would just ba a software upgrade like it would be on a computer....

If I can upgrade it to 265 I should still have the ability to tell the NVR to record in 264 or 265 for each camera... At least that what I read about the new nvr's.

It would not be just a codec on a pc either you need hardware.

But like a pc you can have h265 data but it is converted back to H264 ..... and uses a lot of cpu.

If you recorder is not h265 then your stuck with h264