Sign in to follow this  
kfarley537

bad image no image

I have a strange occurrence. Two poolside cameras on two separate pools are siamese cabled to an office a distance away. Cam 1 is 250 ft. away and the other is 300 ft. away (approximately) The further camera cable is run to join the second and from there both run through conduit to the office. Here's the problem.

No video, test the cameras with hand held monitor, no go. cameras are bad. Replace cameras with Northern Video cameras (HikVision) Replace DVR with Tribrid Northern DVR (also HikVision). Cameras come up as do all the other cameras that were on the old DVR. 8 in all. However images from both pool cams (the new ones) are really bad, wavy, grainy and just plain horrible. To make a long story short, replaced baluns on one camera both ends, nogo. Still crap image. Try powering cameras locally get good image on monitor but DVR shows "No Video" plug back into power supply from office and get my images back. still crappy.

So with the power I get from the power supply back in the office -the office monitor shows bad image but good on my handheld monitor.

With the power I send locally with several different transformers (12V and up to 1.5 MA) NO Image at monitor in office but good image on handheld.

Any thoughts?

Hi. Your post is a bit confusing.

You say connected by Siamese cable ...... Then say you changed Baluns.

Baluns are not used with coax.

2nd .......power supply 12v 1.5ma ....... That is too small for your distance ... Get yourself a 12v 5amp and see if that works