LotfiHousni

Need help connecting Lorex NVR900 with Reolink Cameras

Hello folks,

I bought a Lorex NVR (9163) along with 2 lorex cameras and 2 Reolink cameras (Reolink RLC-422 and RLC-423). The NVR works just fine with the lorex cameras. However, not so good with Reolink.

The NVR used to recognize the Reolink cameras. After a while the image on the monitor disappears and the monior displayed a message "The login return time is up". I had to reboot the system and I got the images again. Pain in the ass though.

Now, the NVR does not show the cameras images at all !?!? However, the cameras are running fine as I can stream images and control PTZ with the Reolink SW.

QUESTION: anybody can help me figure out how to configure the system so that my Reolink cameras are seamlessly integrated with my Lorex NVR9163? Much appreciated.

Hi. You will need to get the IP address .....you will find it in the reolink software you can still access the camera with.

Then under camera settings .....enter video channel number then cameras IP address then protocol which will be ONVIF then in port enter 554. Then user name and password that is currently on the camera.

I followed the steps you mentioned, and I reset all camera passwords just to make sure no issues there. It worked as a charm! My Reolink cameras are up and running.

THANK YOU SO MUCH TOM " title="Applause" />

FYI: I chatted with 3 different associates at Lorex customer support. I even gave access to one of them remotely and he checked everything he could. Nada!! They all said, your cameras are just not compatible, we dont support this, and ended the chat that way! Really?! Its sooo pathetic.

Ironically, I just found this thread because of a very similar issue I'm having with my Amcrest NVR. Everything works fine with these Reolink cameras for about 3-5 days, but eventually I get this same error "login return time is up". Both amcrest and reolink are telling me to contact the other company.

Using the information/solution provided above, I tried to do the same thing within the amcrest nvr interface...but my port must remain at 8000 or i see nothing. However, there is an option to modify the rtsp port to 554, which I did, instead of leaving it on'auto'. Do you think this will do it? patiently waiting 3-5 days haha