Sign in to follow this  
warmbells

Temporary swap of hard drive?

I have a Swann DVR4-720P which does not let me save the video to another device, and have ordered an electriQ 4 Channel POE which will let me save the video to another device. Is it possible to put the drive from the Swann into the electriQ so that I can save the already recorded video?
We have been having trouble with a neighbour in which the police have been involved. The housing officer has seen the video but has asked if it is possible to get a copy of the video to use in any action that has to be taken.

Thanks

Hi. Are you replacing the whole system ..... The Swann and the electriciq Poe are different formats.

saving video from your Swann is simple either with a PC or pad.

as far as using the Swann hard drive ...... The first thing the new recorder will do is format the drive.   Plus you can't play another recorder data from another recorder.

Thanks for the reply,

The Swann was a refurbished unit with now manual and I have not been able to work out how to get it to connect to my PC. Any tips would be appreciated.

Gerald

The easy way is to connect your dvr to router. 

Then go into dvr menu then network..... you should see IP address .... something like 192.168.0.xx

come out of dvr menu..... then on pc or laptop enter that ip into your browser and just follow on screen messages

Thanks for the download link. I have found the IP address from the DVR but it will not connect. I checked in my router and the IP address shows in the  My Home Network section so it is connected. Any ideas as to why I cannot connect?

Hi. You might need the port number..... Go into settings on dvr then network then click on advanced. You will see media port and http port at the bottom.

on your PC enter into browser 

http://192.168.1.xx:85

i used default port in above IP address ....... You enter the one in your dvr network settings.

Thanks for all your help but I could still not get it to work. I found on the Swann site a program SwannView Link which does show the DVR on my PC, but when I try to download a one-hour recording it only saves the first thirty minutes of it. I'll try the Swann forum to see if anyone has had this problem or if I am doing something wrong.

11 minutes ago, warmbells said:

Thanks for all your help but I could still not get it to work. I found on the Swann site a program SwannView Link which does show the DVR on my PC, but when I try to download a one-hour recording it only saves the first thirty minutes of it. I'll try the Swann forum to see if anyone has had this problem or if I am doing something wrong.

That is because it stores files in 30min blocks. A lot of budget systems do this 20 or 30min files

what country are you in ?

7 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

That is because it stores files in 30min blocks. A lot of budget systems do this 20 or 30min files

what country are you in ?

The United Kingdom. The bit I want to save is in the last 15 minutes.

Ok. Then you just need to use search backup .

first pick cameras 

then pick start time

then pick end time 

then save ......it then burns what you saved