mariner

Altronix Power panel with battery backup

Hi Mariner,

The Altronix unit you are considering is an Access Control power supply/charger. It can be used for CCTV applications but is lacking in some areas.

It has dual voltage 12/24 vdc normally used for 12 vdc motion devices (or cameras) or switchable to 24 vdc for door strikes/mag locks. The backup batteries would supply voltage to these devices in relation to an access control system. In your camera application, it would only supply power for a short period of time (depending on number of cameras connected). So the cameras are backed up....what about the recorder which is more critical?

As well this device has only one output (out of the box).....you will need to purchase the PD16W (16 cameras) or PD8W (8 cameras) distribution module.

Choose a CCTV power supply similiar to ALTV615DC616UL which would provide:

16 individually fuse protected outputs

12 vdc outputs @ 3.5 amps.

UL listed

Thanks rapid for the infomation,

I wasn't aware that it didn't include the distribution module. The specs made it appear that it had 16 outputs. I also wanted each output to be 12v or 24v selectable and thats not the case with this panel.

The panel you suggested is a better choice. I will have to look into an alternative UPS for the camera's. The DVR computer already has UPS.

Thanks again for pointing out the shortcomming of the panel.

mariner