jeromephone

gv system won't let you view log files until you reboot

I have three gv systems installed at a customers they are all 1480 units only about 4 months old they are running 8>01 upgraded from 7.05

they have a min of 40 gig room on storage area and full 10 gig on C:

when the customer tries to view log files system will not let him in he reboots and everthing is fine for a while then the problem reoccures. Will going to 8.02 solve this? systems have appropiate mem and video cards

1 gig and ati vid cards with 256 mem on video card

System seems fine otherwise

Thanks

40gb on 1480,

Wow are they to poor to buy storage space (seems not buying 1480 cards for machines), ... I allow 30gb per day per camera running full res and full frames, and 40gb for c:....

Why install digital if your going to allow analouge storage and speed, waste of time in my mind......

Can get 250gb with 8mb cache for 117$ aus... cheaper OS

Why dont you try swapping your vga cards, try a geforce in place of your ati.......

I am posting an update of my viewlog pproblems

I have been in contact with geo and they have the ability to log into one of the servers via the web client and I have set up a vnc for them to log into the machine. I replaced one server with a spare and have the problem server at my suppliers who is running hardware/virus etc tests so far no problems detected. What we did find was that this problem only occures when the server is attached to the customers network unplug it form the network and no problems plug it into another network and it still works fine. We still do not know what network setting etc can be causing this but the network connection seems to be key. any other ideas? I like to let people who are helping me how things are going as maybe the info may help someone else.

Thanks