Sign in to follow this  
tsx080

floureon cctv cameras fail

i have a floureon 4 channel system, it came with 2 cameras i believe they are tvl 1500. the first camera failed after about 2 weeks and i replaced it. now the second camera has failed after just over a month. i have included a pic showing what i can see

2019-03-08-13-01-13.jpg
2019-03-08-13-01-26.jpg

can anyone help me identify why the cameras failed so quickly

Hi looking at your pictures your recorder is set to AHD..... that will not display your TVI cameras wrong format...... at the bottom left of that camera screen next to camera name there is a gray box ....... right click on that and it goes to different cam formats cvi tvi ahd analog ..... keep pressing till it displays tvi and see if that changes anything 

the camera is an  ahd 1500TVL and it flickers between a garbled image as shown and a normal image. the problem seems worst in the daytime so i was wondering if the image sensors could be faulty of have burned out?

I didnt try changing the format as the camera had until yesterday been working. It's been working perfectly for almost 5 weeks before it started to flicker and show up with that image. Its powered by the 4 way power plug that came with the unit. It's on a 20 meter cable. I have tried having just one camera plugged in to see if the power supply was insufficient with no change. I replaced the first camera about 3 days ago and so far that one is working perfectly. I have ordered another camera as hopefully I was just unlucky and maybe had 2 cams from a bad batch.

Doing the test would of been simple to see what happends 

someone could of moved mouse over it or a reboot could of changed the format

when you buy another camera DONT limit your system by just buying a AHD camera .... that unit runs 4in1 cameras

anything 2mp 4 in 1 will work 

Thanks for the advice on the cameras I was wondering about the 2mp ones as they are only slightly more expensive. Before I get the more expensive cams I was hoping to identify what might be causing them to fail incase it's an environmental issue as I dont want to be replacing cams all the time. As I said in my previous post tho I'm hopeful this was just a bad batch of cams. Unfortunately the system was purchased over a year ago and had been sat on a shelf until a recent bout of vandalism prompted me to get it setup, so my only option was to purchase new cams as returning is no longer possible 

It is as simple as changing your supplier 

as far as expensive 4in1 HD analog are low price to start with $20 for 2mpand that’s brand name 

we’re are you located

I too have a floureon CCTV 1 megapixel camera that is well went out and then a few weeks later another one burned out seasoned oyster behind the screen that has been there for quite some time now. Does anyone know how I can get these two cameras at least replaced since they are still under warranty

44 minutes ago, Jonboy5103 said:

I too have a floureon CCTV 1 megapixel camera that is well went out and then a few weeks later another one burned out seasoned oyster behind the screen that has been there for quite some time now. Does anyone know how I can get these two cameras at least replaced since they are still under warranty

Hi. The only place you can get a replacement is from where you bought them that who your warranty will be with.