Sign in to follow this  
Fgreen6

Aerials on ip cameras

Hi, I've been trying to get 2 ip cameras to work for a relative. They are probably cheap Chinese imports. Eventually I have managed to get both working. One uses V380 viewer and the other Sannce viewer.

During problem determination I actually took one of the cameras apart , I dont know the make / model as there's nothing on the case. But what I did find unusual was that the 2 aerials on the outside of the case were not actually connected to anything on the circuit board. It looked like they were both taped down to the inside of the case. Is this normal?

There didn't appear to be any spare connection points on the board where they could fit. Do they work by re-radiating the wireless signal without a direct connection?

The signal is still emitting, the antenna is only to amplify it. Can you upload a photo?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I own The Home Security company / I have a camera circuit throughout my business.