ron352

TVI 16 channel split to 4 tvs

I installed a 16 tvi camera system in a grocery store. They are looking to split the 16 cameras to 4 tvs.

Channel 1,2,3,4 to 1 tv

Channel 5,6,7,8 to tv 2

Channel 9,10,11,12 to tv 3

channel 13,14,15,16 to tv 4

But in the office have the ability to view all 16 cameras even though the 4 displays go out to the 4 tv's as mentioned above

So on 1 tv they can view cameras 1-4 and the next tv to view cameras 5-8 and so on.

Anyone ever successful in doing this and how?

I know I could have installed 4 4 channel dvr's but there should be a device to split all 16 channels into 4 quad output displays to achieve what I am looking to do.

6 hours ago, ron352 said:

I installed a 16 tvi camera system in a grocery store. They are looking to split the 16 cameras to 4 tvs.

Channel 1,2,3,4 to 1 tv

Channel 5,6,7,8 to tv 2

Channel 9,10,11,12 to tv 3

channel 13,14,15,16 to tv 4

But in the office have the ability to view all 16 cameras even though the 4 displays go out to the 4 tv's as mentioned above

So on 1 tv they can view cameras 1-4 and the next tv to view cameras 5-8 and so on.

Anyone ever successful in doing this and how?

I know I could have installed 4 4 channel dvr's but there should be a device to split all 16 channels into 4 quad output displays to achieve what I am looking to do.

Hi.  It depends on your budget.  Yes there are splitters and you will also need converters so if your budget is around 500 to each tv then yes. 

Or or you can do cheaper easier and better by just using a 4way tvi at each tv  for only 60 or 70

your problem is no tv will take a tvi signal .....you have to convert it

7 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi.  It depends on your budget.  Yes there are splitters and you will also need converters so if your budget is around 500 to each tv then yes. 

Or or you can do cheaper easier and better by just using a 4way tvi at each tv  for only 60 or 70

your problem is no tv will take a tvi signal .....you have to convert it

Not sure what a 4 way is your mentioning. It sure would make it easier if they made special DVR with 4 HDMI outlets where you could choose camera 1-4 on tv1 and 5-8 on hdmi2 out to tv2 and 9-12 on hdmi3 to tv3 and so on. I never messed with a multiplexer before but thought they may of been used for something similar.