rapid

Phone line Transmission System

Have a rural client who would like the ability to remotely see video from his farm while away....problem is, there is no high speed data service in the area....telco does not see any installations in the near future.

I haven't a problem with the camera and lighting installation....remotely accessing his cameras over traditional telephone line circuits will be the challenge.

This would be used on occasion to monitor status of his farm while away, and in the past we have used systems like 8x8 and Gyyr to access cameras at cottages.

Would have liked to offer him some high speed video servers, but now looking for suppliers who are still manufacturing these products. 8x8 (Kalatel) are no longer producing.

OzLine%202CS_thm.jpg

I've seen the Ozvision system which is a transmitter to a computer (propietery software). The 8x8 had boxes at both ends.

Any other avenues I can consider?

Thanks guys.

I used PC's to dial out on preprogrammed times via the scheduler. ie. setup Internet Explorer to "run" at 2 hour blocks. when IE runs it automatically inguaged the autodialer................and that's what I called a connected link. Auto dialer automatically disconnected after X minutes and the scheduler kept doing it's thing............worked well.

Alot of DVRs have modems built in ... might want to check that out .. the GE (Kalatel) RSMs ive used in the past .. but their DVRs even have that feature apparently .. never used the DVRs for that myself .

I have a VCS VICO at home, but never been able to use it for its intended purpose as it works on ISDN lines, which I dont have.

Allows h264 ( i think it is) compression and transmission of up to 4 cameras, and alarm signals plus relay outputs for controlling access equipment (locking the criminals in), and bi-directional audio (for listening to what is happening, and challenging/scaring the pants off intruders), along with control telemetry/camera control all via ISDN, with fall back to GSM network (supposed to even work with mobiles/video phones).

Nice bit of kit, but cant comment on quality of pic, as I cant use it without suitable phone lines etc.

Believe there is also the adpro fastcan equipment, keep seeing it on ebay, supposed to be good, but no idea as to how it works, or if it really is good.

Expensive stuff though....