hondaman

kodicom 4400 trouble.

I have a kmc-4400 kodicom card. Its a bt878, with 4 connectors on the back, with dongles expanding it up to 16 total inputs.

I have installed the btwincap drivers, and I have 4 btpci audio and video devices in device manager.

I tried the amcap utility, and i get nothing but static on all 4 inputs i select. There are cameras attached to two of them.

Can someone give me some pointers on how to get this thing up and running?

Coincidently, I had it working fine under linux, but i had to put windows xp on this box to run some other software too

What software are you using?

I was trying to use Active Webcam, although I'm not sold on it yet. Any good security software would be fine.

I had the same problem too. What I ended up doing was, to start the kodicom 4.12 software, ctrl/alt/del to kill the kodicom program (This doesnt work for me on 4.13, it shuts down the PC when I kill it..) I then go into the control panel/system/device mgr settings, and change the kodicom audio and video drivers to the btwincap drivers. Then start the Active Webcam. It seems like the cameras needed to be started before I could get them to work with other programs. I was also able to use WebcamXP once I had done the driver swap. The only downside is, when your PC is rebooted, you have to go in, swap back to the Kodicom drivers, start Kodicom software... lather rinse repeat.........