Garry

Setting up a DVR with UPS

Any bros here can give any info on the size of a UPS capable to power 4 cameras and a standalone DVR? Would the UPS be very costly? Is there any difference for the size of the UPS on a PC based DVR and on a standaline DVR?

Thank you guys.

I use the Belkin, purchased from Newegg or buy.com.......free shipping. I usually stay above a 750KVa......which will allow the DVR, 4 camera power supply...........to run for 60 minutes. BUT, running time is directly effected by the amp drain of the equipment connected.................and not all camera's are the same.

Look in the specs of the equipment and total up the "amps" used and then look on APC web site to get a closer estimate using online runtime calculators.

4 Cameras and a DVR?

All you need is a basic one ... like the APC 600 ... get the model with the AVR built in also. If you want longer backup time then you'd get a bigger one.

I am spec'ing only APC Backup 1000s for my jobs now. Keep inmind those ratings are for new batteries, after 2 or 3 years the capacity decreases. After 5 years the batteries swell and crack.

Thanks bro for the information. I have checked with UPS but it seems quite costly to get a UPS. The price of the UPS I was quoted for is almost as expensive as the system itself...

Stand Alones can be even less power, such as the GE's, but some will be the same and use PC power supplies also.

Stand Alones can be even less power, such as the GE's, but some will be the same and use PC power supplies also.

Thanks bro for the info.