Sign in to follow this  
34Ford

Bots pounding my Dahua admin password

What can I do to let me get access to my dvr from anywhere with a android phone/tablet and completely refuse all other outside ip addresses?

I have a Dynamic DNS now so I can always keep the same ip at home.  I have reason to believe there is bots pounding my dvr trying to get in, which it finally refuses them but right when I want to get in I have to wait for it to timeout.  This is frustrating when I want to see what is going on at that moment.

I heard there is no use in blocking a range of addresses. Seems like there was a way to let me in only but what if I am at a new location like a hotel, or I would need a windows based laptop?

There's a way to do this which will stop bots from trying to gain access to your NVR/DVR. You will need to set up a VPN (Virtual Private Network). You will also need an app installed on your device to allow you to connect to your home network via the VPN. You can then close all open ports on your modem/router effectively isolating your local network. Now the only way anything can connect from the outside world is to connect to the VPN itself. If you're unsure how to do this, I'd strongly suggest contacting an IT professional to set it all up for you.