personalt

Can Geovision play back 4 cameras in sync at same time?

I am looking for software that I can put 4 cameras up on the monitor and review past video for the 4 cameras while keeping them in sync. I want to be able to follow a worker as he moves around the jobsite during the day.

I have been demoing milestone xprotect and it does it but I was wondering if there is another product I should demo.

right now I have a few IP cameras but I would consider starting over with new non ip cameras is the right software package came along.

Does geovision or any other DVR based software that that offers multi-camera playback?

Most PC based systems will do that BUT you will have to enable 24 hour recording. If motion detection is on some videos may not sync because there was no motion on that channel.

PS. You don't wanna do that...

Look into some software solutions, it would really surprise me if this isn't out there.

Edited by Guest

The online one that I found that would do that is milestone xprotect.

There are plenty of others that will record 4 cameras and let me play them back one at a time. But I cant find any others that will allow me to play back the 4 cameras at the same time speeding up and slowing down together.

that does make sense that you would have to record 24-7 to make this work best.

can you provide the name of another product that would do this?

I have never used a PC system that wouldn't do it. Geovision and Avermedia both have means of playback on a 4 way split, hell I don't even think the cameras need to be sequencial.

I bet there is software out there for this.

I don't do IP cameras because they aren't yet cost effective. The ones that are, are junk compared to analog pro CCTV gear.

With Geo you can view in playback, single camera, 4 way, or 16 way.

If it is set to motion detect on a camera then as you play or fast forward when that video has no motion it's box will be blank. If all Cameras areon Continous Record then it will play all cameras at the same time.

You also have a feature called Day Night, allows different settings for different times, for each camera seperately .. eg. 7am-6.59pm, Continuous Record, 7pm-6.59am, Motion Record, or whichever way you want to do it, as well as Weekend Settings ..