Sign in to follow this  
oh6hfx

Downloading video from Dahua camera or nvr is very slow

I haven't paid so big attention to this until my client asked why downloading a video file from different Dahua models in same network is so much slower.

He has HFW4431E-E3 and HFW5541T-ASE-0360B. Sandisk 128GB cards in both models. 5541 is ok to load, 250MB clip takes around 3 minutes. In 4431 ~ 3 hours.  He's using SmartPSS.

I tested this also with my own old NVR4116H. Downloaded a mp4 and dav files, both 250MB, takes around 3,5 minutes with SmartPSS. Then I tried the same also via web UI. Time was quite the same, but web UI tells

the speed also. It was around 1200kB/s. Well, actually I have always thought that downloading files even in LAN from my NVR has been slow, but now to see it in numbers - that's nothing! 1Mbps. Seems that NVR network load is ~52Mbps, and that's RX, so there should be

plenty of room for download TX. Is it just that NVR or camera's CPU is so loaded that there is no capacity for better transfer speed? In camera, is the SD card occupied with writing that there is no faster reading possible? And in NVR, hard disk... Anybody studied this more?