Sign in to follow this  
superman_006

Remove timestamp of recording HikVision NVR

So this guy has been cutting the catalytic convertors off cars all over town.  I've pulled video from many, this is the best shot that I currently have.  He walks from the bottom of the screen to the top and his back is facing the camera.   He peeks around the corner then leans against the wall. When he does this you could see his face but the timestamp is right over his face (see pic).  I pulled this from a HikVision NVR , I think the model number was a DS-7608.  It seem to only allow me to pull the video as an MP4 though I could pulled the player as several other.  I moved the current date/time to the lower corner for the owner and also hoped that it would move the time stamp on the previously recorded data as well but it did not.  I also converted the MP4 to an AVI hoping to loose the metadata which also didn't work.  I have also uploaded into YouTube and can upload it into a google drive or oneDrive

suspect3.PNG

Hi. Once it has been recorded it is part of the image. 
ip camera date and time stamp should be switched off and not used on a nvr as it’s the nvrs time stamp that is used

go into ip camera settings and switch off time and date OSD in settings and it won’t happen again