del8

Hikvision Firmware Upgrade - NVR and Camera problem

I am unable to find any posts on the problem I have been having.

However, I have seen posts "if it ain't broke don't upgrade " so I will preface that 2 of my Hikvision cameras have been stuck in Infrared (screen is red during day) mode for months now despite reboot, unplugging and replugging, etc. Thus prompted me to try firmware updates. I am in the USA and the system was installed by a professional installer in 2013. I also have read that the camera firmware version is NOT downgradeable not to mention risks of bricking either camera or NVR if I try.

I have:

Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-SE / 8P0820130719BBRR---------WCVU with original Firmware likely from 2013 but I didn't write down the version so I can't tell you what it was.

and multiple

Hikvision IPC DS-2CD2132-I20130619CCWR---------    with original Firmware V5.2.0 build 140721.

I have successfully updated the NVR to Firmware V2.3.12 build 160622

and successfully updated 1 of my stuck cameras to Firmware V5.4.5 build 170123.

Good news is that this actually unstuck the Camera from this NIGHT vision mode with light/day!

HOWEVER, the NVR will NO LONGER RECOGNIZE the Camera (192.168.254.xx) in ANY of the NVR Ethernet ports whether trying Hikvision protocol, ONVIF protocol, manual or plug-in-play combinations. I have set the correct password. The status always shows: OFFLINE on Browser access or iVMS acccess, or as DISCONNECTED on the actual NVR access when listing the 8 channels. It does not show any communication to the camera so the column with Camera Firmware Version is blank.

HOWEVER, the Camera IS recognized IF PLUGGED INTO MY ROUTER:

1) I can access the Camera via the IP address login 192.168.1.xx via any COMPUTER on the network.

2) OR I can even access the Camera by the same Hikvision NVR IF I choose to connect on CAMERA MANAGEMENT by specifying the IP Camera address using 192.168.1.xx from the NVR using Hikvision OR ONVIF protocol, manual, with the password.

How strange is that? 

Does anyone have any idea how this could be happening?

Does anyone have any solutions to get my updated Firmware Camera to be recognized by the updated Firmware NVR when I plug it into the NVR ethernet port?

Thank  you for any help or suggestions!