Sign in to follow this  
Lectrician

CVBS Splitter

Hi.

I am looking at two old cameras which are currently connected to an old 4 way DVR, displaying on a screen in an office.  The recorder hasn't recorded for years.  Ideally they would like to have the cameras signal split to a second new DVR in a different office which has capacity left, and has an HDD in it and working.  The first recorder they wish to retain to allow live viewing only.  I have split CVBS in the past over very short distances with no problem, simply with a BNC T connector.  I assume this is not the best method?  It is only short lengths here, circa 15m camera to each recorder.

What would other people do?  There are active splitters for HD analogue, but nothing seems to pop up for old CVBS.

Cheers.

Hi. I would keep it simple and cheaper

yes analog splitters are available but it just seems a waster of money 

your only talking 15m ......so why not run your 4 cameras to your working (recording) dvr and just use a vga splitter to run two monitors .... then don’t use the dvr that does not record

Hi, thanks.

They want to have different views on the two monitors, not mirrored monitors, otherwise this would have been my choice, using a KVM extender.

I have passively split the analogue signals before, but not over longer distances.  This was my concern. I see active splitters available, but for so for AHD etc.