Sign in to follow this  
chiggy123

Help please - Hikvision DVR choice...

Hi all,

Am looking to get a Hikvision DVR and upgrade my old analogue system to turbo HD - thinking I will get the colorvu cameras with built in siren. I've got a bit confused with the choice of DVR and hoping for some help...

Other than some facial recognition stuff, what exactly is the difference between the K(B) series and the M series - i.e. iDS-7208HUHI-K1/4S(B) vs IDS-7208HUHI-M1/FA?

I can find loads about the former but very little about the latter. Did the change from K(B) to M bring improvements to the Acusense functionality etc? Very few places seem to stock the M series... Any thoughts as to why?

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Hi. Reading the specs is like going back 5 years

also don’t get caught up in facial recognition because it’s not ........it will save yours and family and friends and store that image and will alert you next time it sees your face...... a bit pointless since you live there. 
A intruder only visits your house once so no recognition......... it’s the video that’s important 

which is another issue with your two links 

they are both very limited systems 

the 4 way only takes 1 x 8mp camera at 8fps. Other brands are 20 to 30fps at 4K 

but yes your right there seams to be no difference with specs but that’s hikvision for you

On 12/29/2020 at 8:52 PM, tomcctv said:

Hi. Reading the specs is like going back 5 years

also don’t get caught up in facial recognition because it’s not ........it will save yours and family and friends and store that image and will alert you next time it sees your face...... a bit pointless since you live there. 
A intruder only visits your house once so no recognition......... it’s the video that’s important 

which is another issue with your two links 

they are both very limited systems 

the 4 way only takes 1 x 8mp camera at 8fps. Other brands are 20 to 30fps at 4K 

but yes your right there seams to be no difference with specs but that’s hikvision for you

Thanks for the reply. I liked the idea of Acusense reducing false alarms but maybe need to rethink...!