Larbo

Hello to CCTV

My knowledge of CCTV is limited to a property that I manage. I do need occassional help. I was hoping this was a great forum for bouncing off ideas and the few problems I have.  I did post about a problem a couple of weeks ago with no replies and was wondering if there is something I missed in terms of introductions or posting guidelines.  Do you have to be a pro to post here?? Thanks, 

Hi. Lar   Some post can be mist 

also some problems on old equipment might just be best replacing. 

your problem could be a number of things 

constant beeping is usually down to no input from camera to dvr .... which points to faulty camera power supply not the dvr

or

dvr software has a problem and can’t load ... there is no fix for this problem ...... installed 8 years ago could also mean dvr is older 10 or 15 years old and not worth trying to fix

i would look at camera power supply first

Thanks Tom!!!  Never got the reply notification, sorry.  It is a constant, loud alarm, not so much a beep. 

Age, yes. 

With 4 cameras hooked up, one of them must be working. They were all working not long ago.  Should I disconnect them all and add one at a time and see what happens?

I checked the DVR power supply, good (voltmeter).

Thanks!!

7 hours ago, Larbo said:

Thanks Tom!!!  Never got the reply notification, sorry.  It is a constant, loud alarm, not so much a beep. 

Age, yes. 

With 4 cameras hooked up, one of them must be working. They were all working not long ago.  Should I disconnect them all and add one at a time and see what happens?

I checked the DVR power supply, good (voltmeter).

Thanks!!

Hi. Dvr power is ok because you mentioned beeping (alarm)

but you still haven’t tested camera power supply

how are cameras connected to dvr is it coax or cat5 cable with BNC connectors 

I would need to double check but I am pretty sure CAT5.  I think its all in one cable (POE?)

I am just thinking that even if I didn't have a video feed coming in, wouldn't the software just display with empty windows? The monitor says that it has no input! Is the software flashed on the circuit board? I assume that the HDD is just for data storage.