Sign in to follow this  
Miskit128

No color image on 4k dvr

My two low lux cameras produce a clear color image when connected to television monitor. But when I connect to my new Lorex 4k dvr, all I get is a black and white image. 

Does this mean it is time to replace the cameras? Use them for night vision only? Or is there another solution? Thanks

2 hours ago, Miskit128 said:

My two low lux cameras produce a clear color image when connected to television monitor. But when I connect to my new Lorex 4k dvr, all I get is a black and white image. 

Does this mean it is time to replace the cameras? Use them for night vision only? Or is there another solution? Thanks

Hi. Your cameras are not compatible with your 4K recorder .... the give away is you can connect your camera direct to tv which makes it analog only.... also known as a CVBS camera. 
you might find under camera settings on your dvr a CVBS setting for backward compatibility but most companies don’t use it anymore. But check

CVBS is a standard analog format...4K systems run analog HD digital these formats are AHD - TVI or CVI  ... these format allow you to use resolution cameras from 2mp - upto 8mp (4K)