dchimiami

Power supply reads right, but won't turn on cameras

Hey, new here. I am trying to use a 12v power distribution box to power my surveillance system cameras. I have tested output voltage and am consistently getting 12.2v. 

I have tried Lorex and Zosi cameras, direct wired and using male pigtail. The cameras get power, because I can hear hear and see IR kick on and off. But I get no image. If I unplug power from distribution box then use supplied power supply everything works fine. 

12v transformer is an amazon special. 30 amp with 18 fused outlets that are supposed to put out 1 amp a piece. Best I can tell the supplied power supply with cameras are also rated 1 amp. 

Is this an amperage problem?

Also, per instructions, wired 3 of the outlets in parallel to up amperage and got no different result.

20210121_182658.jpg

20210121_182651.jpg

This is a confusing post  ...... you say it’s a 30amp but in fact it’s only 12amp

how can amazon get something so wrong

picture diagram on power supply door has nothing to do with what is in side it is completely different..... looks like someone has changed over the internal board sent it back to amazon who have resold it to you

I took the power supply out and it is labeled 30 amps. 

But I don't have enough technical skill, or an ammeter, to check actual output amperage. I guess it can't be more than 1 amp because it appears that's what the fuses are labeled.

15 minutes ago, dchimiami said:

I took the power supply out and it is labeled 30 amps. 

But I don't have enough technical skill, or an ammeter, to check actual output amperage. I guess it can't be more than 1 amp because it appears that's what the fuses are labeled.

Ok ... now your sums don’t add up 18x1amp =18amp

your power supply makes no sense send it back to amazon 

also on lid under spec .... it states 12amp max

power supply has been altered

1amp ...... is not enough if cameras are on long runs