dbdataplus

So many DVRs now

Many years ago I was turned on to Dauha from a buddy in Florida that was a reseller.   His company provided the support and it was good support and it got the job done.   I was startled from the outset at the problems --- 'search' function would return something like "Too many results AND the first 100!"  in what was clearly amateurish coding and you could see that QC wasn't an issue.   With each new unit I got, as the newer versions became more and more dumbed down and this "haze" of dysfunction in the firmware got worse.   In the fullness of time he went out of business and, no matter who else I went to and no matter where I obtained product, there was ALWAYS a reason that Dahua would not provide support.   When I left the industry it was SO BAD that every single time someone opened a browser to a DVR a new and different version of "webrec,cab" had to be downloaded each and every time ...   Dahua claimed that people use "SmartViewer" instead but that software is itself an exercise in bad programming managed by blind idiocy.    It can seamlessly connect to 12 different DVR's at the same time while managing to make them all functionally inoperable "More fact in next table!"     Then there is gDMSS and gDMSSlite and the absolute jaw-dropping realization that yes, a team of incompetent programmers write a product and get it to market without so much as a single line of intelligent code.   just - WOW.

But those were the old days and now I just need on for myself.  Just for me.  one time.  And since I don't need to make a profit I want the best.  Prompts in English and support that actually supports.

What I have found so far is an entire market in China with a dozen brands ... three of which I've tried so far (thanks Amazon free returns!) that all turned out to be versions of Jooan ... and their software is so bad that it aspires to BE Dauha one day.

Q: Where is the good stuff?  Where is the company that was willing to spend the money ONE TIME to have a native English-speaker write the manual and QC the dialog boxes?

THE FIRST LINE OF PRODUCT SUPPORT - is to make a product so well and so intuitive that it's doesn't require support in the first place.

Where is that product?