straky

need help for installations of 50 fixed cameras and 40 PTZ

Hi

I need help for installations of 50 fixed cameras and 40 PTZ with fiber optics, it's my first time working with that. The costumer want to see all the cameras in 3 DVR of 32ch, also record per 60 days all cameras in 30fps. Some crasy..hehehe,

Open sugerence about size or model for dvr ?

Thanks

Straky

Unless you have time to take a class on fiber and how to properly handle and terminate it, I'd sub that part of it out and include the cost in with your quote.

Can't help you with a DVR, never used one.

If they want high quality real time record then you'd at least 8 channel units .. 16 cams are real time on 16 channel units only in low res mode.

record 60 days on all cameras in 30fps??? I would qualify him first. Make sure he HAS the money to spend money for that. Because this sounds like alot of phone calls I get from people who will having you doing nothing but "chasing rabbits". His expectations are high.

I think you said it yourself

"Some crasy.....hehehe,>>>"

Unless you know well how to mux into fibre, which is the cheapest option I would sub this out, I suggest you try to talk him down on his recording frame rates, perhaps demo some speeds to him, i have some video images that are recorded at different speeds that i can send you if you like.

If it still has to be this speed, you are going to be best served with video encoders and network cameras, quote the system as the same as you would for any other but add 1 x VCS (Bosch) video encoder for every camera, this will make the cameras become network traffic and if the right encoder is used then you can control the PTZ thorugh it as well, so no need to run extra wires, you may need several token ring fibre networks to run this and I would suggest you sub this part out and get some solid advice....work out the data stream coming to each NVR and let your network guy advise you on the limits of bandwidth.

If you use a system like the Bosch Dibos, you can have 32 IP Inputs and 32 Analogue in each box, so...your local cameras closest to the DVR you can run on analogue (but you will not get that frame rate), and the fartehr ones and PTZ's are converted to IP traffic, you can integrate the PTZ controller to handle all the PTZ's but keep in mind that you can only see 2x CCTV monitors per DVR, so if you need to have more than 2 PTZ's being viewed at once then you need a matrix controller..

Just PM me if you need help, but my advice is to get your manufactorer to visit sits (ONLY AFTER SIGNING A NDA AGREEMENT) and have them design it for you.