imtrying

Help needed with American Dynamics Intellex dv16000

I just got an American Dynamics DV16000. I know it is a few years old, but still new. I have a couple cameras hooked up, they show up fine on the monitor. I have Network Client 4.1 installed, I'm using Windows 10 Pro in my house. The software found the unit, knows it has 16 cameras, but all I get on the screen is the Intellex logo. I can click live display and get four black squares. I was able to download the Windows 10 upgrade, which I installed, but it works exactly like the 4.1 did, still no cameras. I have a Linksys router, I tried port forwarding from 5000 to 5005, which did not help. I am using an Engenius wireless access point in the shop where the unit is, internet is available. I tried to exit to Windows (I have the passcode) but all I get is a blank screen, no bar on bottom when moving the mouse there. I can use ctrl-alt-del and see the Windows desktop briefly. What am I missing and why can't I get to Windows? I'm thinking possibly that may be my problem, but the unit and its IP address shows up on my device list on my router.

outdoor cam info 1.jpg

outdoor cam info 2.jpg

outdoor cam info 3.jpg

Hi. Old but new has the same result ...... it’s software is old out of date and not compatible 

did you load onto your pc with admin rights enabled 

blank screens for each camera is also a sign of drivers not compatible  for your windows 10

can you play backup footage on your pc from dvr

Under "actions" retrieve video is greyed out. I run as administrator on my Win 10 Pro machine,.  I just noticed under "settings" the URL is there, same as it shows in my Router.  But the end of that string , under Access Authorization", it says disabled. Is that correct? I went back to the unit and added another user with all rights.  I have rebooted the unit as well as my computer, but it does not ask for user. I edited that string, with the user I added and enabled access authorization. Nothing changed. I have a lot of computer training and know how to do most anything, but am unable to figure this out. (I ran a help desk where I worked with ~1500 employees.)

Is this the 2006 DV or the 2014 

does it have a cd burner 

forget the software you have on your pc and try this ..... take some footage from your dvr with a memory stick then try and open that on your pc .... not with the software...... just open memory stick as a drive

also as far as ports .... your using local so give it port 80 on dvr and router

It does have the CD burner.  I forgot to take any with me, so next time I'll have some there. I couldn't find a way to save footage to flash drive. When I got to save, "A" and "H" were the only two choices. A is 1.44 disk, H is system vol. I'll also open port 80 too.

On the case it says Smart Item code ADD6R032D075, DV16000, 3.2, deluxe. 750GB.

NTSC Intellex version 3.2.55.238, copyright 1997-2004

Intellex DVMS

Ok. You mentioned in your first post ... system is for a shop. 
it’s too old to use in a commercial install 

Even footage taken from the unit is not suitable for law or court use

dvr spec is only cif record and only 720tvl

also you will not get this to run on your windows 10 also the pc software your using is not for the old DV recorders

DVRs are cheap and up to date also backward compatible with your existing cameras

for store use you want it to work

OK, thanks, I bought a lot of brand new cameras, this was with it. Outdoor, indoor, and dome cameras, a controller for the dome cameras, and three large power supply boxes for the cameras. It just was never hooked up. It just didn't seem to make sense not to use it being as it was new, but I can get a new DVR.

I currently have a lot of other cameras in the shop. I feed them to modulators, such as channel 5,7,9,11,13, etc. I then feed those into a combiner, and send that through coax to the house. Then during commercials or nothing to watch, we turn to the deer camera, bluebird house interior, Purple Martin house interior, shop interior, exterior, 2nd shop, etc. My plan was to send the video output of the DVR to a channel, but with not being able to control it remotely, there would be no way to change from one camera to the other, or from 1 to 4 or 16 screen.  I can do that with a new one. Thanks for all your answers.