coltswalker

Strandalone DVR Capabilites Looking for Suggestions

I've been out of the loop for some years now on CCTV technology.  I currently manage a number of rental properties.  I want to get a DVR unit to install in the office at my 10 unit apartment complex.  8 camera support for the DVR is plenty.  I'm going to list the features / requirements that I am looking for in a DVR appliance (please don't recommend I build a DVR with a computer) below and then see if anyone can recommend a unit that meets most of these.  I've found it difficult to find a CCTV sales agent that is able to answer my questions.  Amazon has been hopeless for finding quality information. 

Here's what I am looking for in a DVR:

• Standard BNC analog connectors
  • new 1080P, 3MP(12.5fps), 4MP(12.5fps), 5MP(12.5fps) CCTV Security Cameras and Compatible with all 1080P, 960P, 720P, TVI, AHD, CVI and Traditional Analog Cameras.
  • What video format does it record in? (many new units are H.265 which is good) H.264, H.265 is an open compressed format required.
  • Selective footage delete capability (can delete specific amounts of video without deleting all of the video)
  • Can it record sequential JPEG/image stills and video? (not a requirement)
  • Can it record video at at least Half D1 (NTSC)?
  • Can the video be accessed via network share and easily played back on a PC?
  • For the TCP/IP setup, can it be assigned a static network IP address of my choice?  (requirement)
  • Does it support getting an address via DHCP?
  • Will it accept a standard 3.5" PC SATA hard drive?
  • Is there full control via remote access from a PC so it can be ran headless?
  • USB Port to copy files or backup video footage to a thumb/flash drive?
  • Is the motion detection sensitivity adjustable?
  • When motion detect is active, the unit is recording, can it also be accessed remote with full functionality? (Simplex/Duplex/Triplex)
  • If the remote interface is web browser accessible, is it Firefox compatible for viewing on Macintosh and Linux desktops? (many require MSIE specific plugins which is unacceptable) (requirement)
  • Does not require subscription based cloud storage (avoid subscription based)
  • Can be accessed directly via IP address or port map for remote access (the traditional means of mapping via the router)

Can anyone recommend a good DVR for under $300 US that seems to fit what I am interested in?  Also, Id like to know recommendations on vendors / supplies / stores.  Kind regards.