I have seen this weird lines showing up randomly during different nights. What is the issue here? I have checked the voltages, wires, everything is fine. My system is made of 1 Hikvision DVR, 2 power supplies 12V 5A, 4 Hikvision 5MP 40m IR cameras (max power consumption 0.5A/camera) and I'm using 8mp video baluns and cat 5e cable UTP. Used outdoors. The lines appear on 2 cameras powered by the same power supply, being at 35 meters/ 25 meters away. But only on one of them these lines seems to be more visible (the 25 m away one). I have to mention that all power is supplied from the same cord. I am using 3 pairs for the power supply for the affected cameras and still have the issue so I dont think its voltage related.

Here is how this situation looks: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8cichfr3qks435z/screen_recording_20210523-225806_hik-connect.mp4?dl=0

For some reason, if I take a screenshot not all the lines appear.

What do you think it is?

20210523225510659_eb46e8c31d1343318cc7113b484408e3_F11612087.jpg

20210523225042126_17991edad18349359f7fd076a4a26214_F11612087.jpg

Hi. Spec are never reliable  0.5 amp you will find it is around 2amp with cameras with ir and with your camera distance 120ft you will also have power drop

Disconnect one of the cameras you have on the problem power supply and see if the camera left has a better night image 

8 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. Spec are never reliable  0.5 amp you will find it is around 2amp with cameras with ir and with your camera distance 120ft you will also have power drop

Disconnect one of the cameras you have on the problem power supply and see if the camera left has a better night image 

Hmm, but I have around 85 feet to the camera and if it consumes 2A it means the powers supply is enough, since I use 2 cameras for 1 power supply. Also only during last night I saw this lines appear, before it was unnoticeable lines. Also did you see the video in dropbox link? I will try this weekend to connect only 1 camera to the power supply and see.

12 hours ago, Ispywithmylittleeye said:

35 meters/ 25 meters

Ok let’s go middle …. 100ft. 
cable runs are important to determine power

yes your cameras will run 

2 cameras at 2amp

1   5 amp power 

gives a total of 4amps used  …… sounds right except no account is made for power surge when ir kicks in and filter move or length of cable 

just giving a extra .5 or .7 amp.    Takes you over 5amp. …….. max rating of power supply 

also other reasons for your problem is how you split up your cat 5 for power

spitting up solid colours for + and white stripe for - ……. Also gives that problem 

never split cat5. So should be something like this brown / brown white ….. for +
green / green white for -

baluns could also be a problem ….. no such thing as a HD balun or 8mp balun 

baluns have one purpose to convert cable not recorder of camera only cable 

100ohm cable is cat5 balun is used to convert to 75ohm.  Cctv standard does not matter if old analog or HD 8 mp any balun will work

38 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Ok let’s go middle …. 100ft. 
cable runs are important to determine power

yes your cameras will run 

2 cameras at 2amp

1   5 amp power 

gives a total of 4amps used  …… sounds right except no account is made for power surge when ir kicks in and filter move or length of cable 

just giving a extra .5 or .7 amp.    Takes you over 5amp. …….. max rating of power supply 

also other reasons for your problem is how you split up your cat 5 for power

spitting up solid colours for + and white stripe for - ……. Also gives that problem 

never split cat5. So should be something like this brown / brown white ….. for +
green / green white for -

baluns could also be a problem ….. no such thing as a HD balun or 8mp balun 

baluns have one purpose to convert cable not recorder of camera only cable 

100ohm cable is cat5 balun is used to convert to 75ohm.  Cctv standard does not matter if old analog or HD 8 mp any balun will work

So why is it bad to do solid color for + and stripes for -? Before I had the diagram as you said but it was the same. 

Also i m thinking to power the long run cameras like this: for 1 power supply: 1 20m camera and 1 35m camera and for the other power supply 1 15m camera and 1 25 m camera,insted of both 25/35 meters cameras on same power supply. Do you think it will help?

Yes you can try splitting the load between power supplies 

20 minutes ago, Ispywithmylittleeye said:

So why is it bad to do solid color for + and stripes for -? Before I had the diagram as you said but it was the same. 

Twisted cable can give frequency problems like magnetic field

blue + blue/white.  Is twisted full length of cable but also twisted with 3 other pairs 

blue/blue white + green/green white - 

no twist as the pair is one conductor 

you are left with one pair not used