Sign in to follow this  
BillAk

Newbie looking for a new setup

Hi Forum,

Before I start I apologize for any mistakes you might find in my writing. I am not a native speaker so please be patient. This is probably going to be a big post but I am currently freaking out by the depth of the research I have made and still I am still unable to decide my final choice.

I own a kind old DAHUA 4 Camera 720P CCTV system that have been working non stop for over 4 years now but it is time to change it. It has helped us before. Stolen items from our yard etc. But the house was secure. Main reason is the 720P and second reason the sooooo many false alarms I get all the time. Even when cars pass by and their lights hit my yard or my windows the alarms won’t stop.

Searching dahuasecurity.com I came across an amazing number of DVR/XVR/Whatever VR recorders and a lot  A LOOOOT of cameras.

Having in mind that I HATE IP cameras (don’t know why I just like “analog” better) I went on to check “HDCVI Recorders”. So trying to break down and understand what I need and why I looked up for the meaning of their series. (that took me a week lol)
PoC Series – Power Over Coaxial so I will use less cabling. LOVE IT!
Lite AI Series – Artificial Intelligent series that I am still confused about
Cooper Series – Whatever this series does. Don’t know. Haven't found.

More than IP cameras I hate cables. Since we can’t avoid at least 1 cable – so wireless isn’t an option since power is needed – I thought OK let’s go for the POC series.
BUT…

The POC series (according to a person I asked) does NOT have AI chip. Still supports SMD & IVS but NOT SMD Plus or Perimeter Protection.
So I am thinking. Ok Dahua show me the differences between SMD and SMD+. Nothing. Not online not on youtube nothing!
Then I get this: The Face Capture, Perimeter Protection, and IVS functions cannot be used at the same time, only one Analytics+ or IVS function can be used at a time. In addition, the Smart H.265+ and the Smart H.264+ cannot be used simultaneously with either an Analytics+ or an IVS feature. A sentence that I can not fully comprehend. Why? Why can’t I use perimeter protection and also use IVS? Isn’t that perimeter thing “INTELIGENT”???

And then this image:

dahua-paww.thumb.png.3c2db45ae70b72c181ed525a4e72610b.png

That doesn’t make things 100% clear though I understand that I need some kind of IVS/SMD? Isn't SMD Intelligent again? Please Dahua make things easier for stupid people like me.

So… after research I’ve made 3 groups of products. 1 POC, 1 normal with AI (for pricing reasons) and 1 POE with AI. (Yes I know I hate ethernet but whatever). Some of the items you might see here may be outdated but this is what exist in my marketplace at the moment.
1091277275_dahuacompare.thumb.png.b33293b2f3302eab22a43aa2b8d15574.png

So closing my post the big question is. Will POC work for me? Will I be able to eliminate false alarms and search only for people after a day or so in my XVR even with no SMD+? (Sorry I find it confusing to understand the differences between SMD, SMD+, IVS)

Thank you in advance.