Sign in to follow this  
4sUq8mcQItqZa5rd5nE

Being Sued over dog Barking - Need some help

Hi,

I am new here so in advance, thanks for any help you can give.

I am being sued by neighbors (one) over my dog barking causing him emotional distress. I have already dealt with council over the issue and they are not progressing with the complaint as they have ascertained that the complaint did not hold water, but alas, this has continued to SCC.

I already have CCTV and audio setup, but it is motion based, and this shows the dogs spending 95% of the day inside and only wander out every now and then. However, I want to setup a camera so that I can tape continuous footage of the dogs, uncut, so that I can use it in court, as current footage cuts in and out I am unable to use it as evidence as it would appear that I am actively deleting footage.

The video footage does not need to be good, as I will mostly be using this to show that barking is infrequent at best, but does need audio, and I would like to tape long periods of time if possible (upwards of over a fortnight if I can) and additionally I need to be able to export the file to my PC so that I can give it to the court.

I have looked at a bunch of the cheap Ebay systems but I am unsure if I can retrieve the data off the disks. I dont need anything fancy like an app etc either. The system could be cabled or not, I have access to external power.

Any suggestions or recommendations on how I might achieve this without breaking the bank?

Again, thanks!

1 hour ago, 4sUq8mcQItqZa5rd5nE said:

However, I want to setup a camera so that I can tape continuous footage of the dogs, uncut, so that I can use it in court,

Hi. Doing this would be a mistake 

you can’t add footage that did not exist before the complaint or scc was filed

scc   Is made up of council members 

if you have it in writing the council was not going to take further take that to court with you

On 9/26/2022 at 4:21 PM, AllissonCastaneda said:

Uh, man, I still wonder how it’s possible. I guess you’d better find a lawyer or at least a lawyers forum so they could advise you on something reasonable.

Tbh, it’s the first time I hear people become distressed because of a barking dog. You know, a service dog from https://www.servicedogregistration.org has saved me from suffering from my anxiety disorder, and a woman becomes distressed by a dog barking. Nonsense. Anyway, man, I think a nice lawyer is the most reasonable option here. Keep us updated.