Sign in to follow this  
law

swann 1 cam grainy

appreciate all your help

basically my 4 cameras are swann  PRO-3MPMSB

I cannot get that menu from these.... is this how its meant to be?

Hi. You should be able to get to the menu on the cameras … they are MP Tvi HD

one more reason you can’t get control is your password ….. who setup your password

I set the password and thats working so I can get to all the menus but on the PTZ icon, its just shows what I posted in the picture earlier.

So I click on the camera, the ptc icon comes up I press that and nothing adjusts

On 8/20/2021 at 11:50 PM, law said:

I just cleaned the lens again, and the white marks went away as that was odd as cleaned it properly before...but grainy picture still there...

it does look a lot better when I reduce the contrast setting on the camera and increase the brightness a bit but wondering how was it 100% perfect before, Im sure its not the glass roof doing this as its far from the camera...

I followed what you said and get this menu but seems to have no effect on the picture, or am I meant to do this is the daytime?

thanks

IMG_3002.JPG

Just an update just in case anyone reads this in the future/now

It was an issue with the camera, which is odd as it is installed where its dry , but lasted 3.5 years, on 24/7 though.... 

BUT there is some ghosting with the PSU supplied ( not on this picture below those line are as Im taking a photo from the TV) 12v 2amp so  @tomcctv was correct as it was very hot.... this may have made it fail tbf I dont know so this is whats on the way tm

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01G9YS4NU/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They say if you have a high power supply, the cctv will ONLY take what it needs.

Leave me wondering why the ( swear word ) do Swann supply this psu?

op.JPG

yes all the cameras are 3mp

but nothing in the ptz works but the menu is the one I have posted

Hi. Just had a manual sent by Swann 

you are right ….. no camera control 

which is pointless and it’s down to your recorder there are 3 types of 4780 

you have the lite version….. your cameras are ahd 3mp with onboard control but your recorder does not have command over coax 

so many camera settings you can’t use 

yes seems to be correct

its says on the menu

Swann DVR8-4780

hardware version DM-307

2tb PAL

I got the new 5a psu Im using that now, Il check at night to see if the slight ghosting of image has been ressolved

Any more issue with this Il just change it all to POE 4k unit, but its all working now

11 minutes ago, law said:

Any more issue with this Il just change it all to POE 4k unti. but its all working now

Hi.  Don’t buy Swann 

there just rebadged 

also 4K is not what you would expect 

I have to schedule some customs nvrs to change resolution to 6mp at night as the image is better

5 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi.  Don’t buy Swann 

there just rebadged 

also 4K is not what you would expect 

I have to schedule some customs nvrs to change resolution to 6mp at night as the image is better

this is my first outdoor cctv, so swann seemed good idea. 

What you were saying about the power....today Im using 5amp supply, much cooler and the ghosting on camera one has gone clear! so yep you were right , the power supply from Swann starts off ok then over time becomes weakened.

what do you mean, rebadged from what company?

OK so if you have.....for example.....£600 to spend on NVR and 4 cameras what would you get?

The cat5e is already in place so I could get anyone up the ladder to change current cameras when needed tbh.

Hi. Most of Swann is from the hikvision range or dahua

while the uk waits to see the ban on hikvision and dahua…. No one is spending on those makes … infact some uk suppliers are offering 70% off 

we have used tvt the last few years reliable takes most cameras upto 4K and has the best remote app ….. control full system from phone 

£600 is a good budget…. I would mix camera resolution 

good thing with IP is you don’t need to run cables all the time …… if you have power in one of your sheds at bottom of garden …. You can send the data from shed to recorder down the existing power line

28 minutes ago, law said:

A ban? what do you mean, Uk is trying to ban Swann?

wth

why?

Swann have not made systems for years they just rebrand ….. most are hikvision or ezviz (which is hikvision) and some dahua 

as of July this year Swann may no longer be using hik

it has been known for years hik collect information from there system in commercial and domestic systems without customers permission 

2021 hikvision ban …. Search it

also 

Matt Hancock hikvision camera