PKassab

Need Help with Intercom System PLease

I just FInished installing a 32 camera system for a client. WHen i was done he asked me if I can do an Intercom Installation. Well long story short I went to his house and he has 4 pre-wired stations. The wires have power ground and two extra wires. He wants me to install 4 more drops so it will be a total of 8 intercoms and the main brain for it. What are some good intercom companies and what is a good way to run wireing in a house he wants the wire hidden inside the walls and wants the least amount of damage done as possible. any input would be greatly appeciated.

Thank you

Peter K

Honeywell makes one, very, very nice unit, pricey, at 239.99 per station, up to 16 stations together, I'll see If I can get the model number from ADI tomorrow.

Aiphone has the best intercom systems, but I dont think they have any wireless systems, besides wireless remotes.

As for wiring, good luck Maybe you can get the wire down from an attic into a closet and come out on the next side of that, in the closet wire is not as noticable, and you can use wire molding if needed. If its sheet rock walls, even easier, use a snake, or try existing conduits such as those for telco wires.

Not sure if you are talking about video and audio, or just audio.

Rory