Sign in to follow this  
Livermore-Dad

Dahua NVR 4xxx , no mouse, video output shows cells

I had a CPU fan go bad, so I replaced it. I'm not sure if anything burned up or it just kept rebooting itself.

Anyways, via HDMI output I get 16 squares/cells (should be camera outputs, but since on bench there are none).

Network, I still can see the IP come up, but can't get to it via browser and telnet (can't seem to get the right user/pass combo).

So I figured it's been sitting untouched for a bit of time, so maybe I should do an upgrade, well, I can see a box pop up asking me what I want to do with the USB Flash drive it's found,but I can't get any of my mice to work :).   Some suggestions was to remove the hdmi and see if the mouse starts working, but since I've got no output on the VGA, I can't really tell if the mouse is working

One note, is that right at boot, it seems it sees the mouse, I can move the cursor from the middle to some distance away and then it stops but can't click, can't right click to get the menu.  Keyboard doesn't seem to be an option here either.

So any secrets? i've gone as far as attempting a full reset, power off, hold switch on mother board down for 30 seconds, release. But it still seems to remember it's IP address (from the initial config, so not sure it's actually resetting) (but remember, I am failing to telnet in (creds are wrong or something).

Not sure why no VGA output, unless its configured to use HDMI only and since my "reset is not taking?""

But I think I would be in an okay space if I could get a mouse working. I've got 3 here, one is direct wired and the other RF/IR or whatever.

Is there a special backdoor reset or other?

Screen sorry can't insert, as link has spaces/special characters.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8tnjlptasjmmr2/Photo Sep 07%2C 18 21 01.jpg

Thanks

Tory