gb77

4MP+ POE Cams with PIR/Heat sensor?

We had a storm a couple of nights ago and it looks like one of my Hikvision DS-2CD2132 domes has failed. To be honest, I've been pretty disappointed with them and been looking to replace them sooner or later anyway. Buggy SW and App. Their attitude towards those of us that ended up with Grey market cameras inadvertently. And frame based motion detection is useless for real time alerts.

I use a NAS for storage. And only have one POE network cable run to each camera point. So those are limiting factors in what I can choose.

Ideally I'd prefer domes, but would go with Bullet cams worst case.

Priority is:

1) 4MP resolution or above.

2) POE powered

3) PIR/Heat sensor based motion detection. Ideally I'd like to setup real time alerts using the motion sensor and have secondary zones (for which frame analysis is fine) where it just records. So if someone is close to my property I immediately get a push notification to my phone/etc. But if they're just on the boundary/etc then its recorded so should I find an issue I can look through footage later.

4) Decent App for mobile devices.

5) Since I have a NAS loaded with drives, I'd prefer not to add another box, so standalone cameras ideally.

And to boot I'm not looking to spend a fortune :)

Any and all pointers greatly appreciated.

Hi those cameras are proprietary to there own nvr and are 3 year old tech

are you replacing all your hik or mix and match

TVT do one of the best IP network camera

12 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Hi those cameras are proprietary to there own nvr and are 3 year old tech

are you replacing all your hik or mix and match

TVT do one of the best IP network camera

Thanks for the response.

I noticed it needs their PIR, not a deal breaker, but prefer standalone if possible. It just came up in a quick search, didn't delve to deeply into it. Presume there must be a newer version? Or have they dropped integrated PIR since?

I'm planning to ditch HIK entirely. Can give the three working ones to my parents, who also have the same cameras. But if I find a decent solution, which allows me to use real time alerts without being bombarded with false alerts, I suspect they will switch aswell.

Whats the TVT model?