Sign in to follow this  
paul99

Off grid set up help - unoccupied at night

Hi, I am constructing a cabin in a field for a new business venture. I will be at the field Mon-Fri during parts of the day, and whilst there will use my phone as a WiFi hotspot. I will get power from solar and wind with battery storage backup. I would like to set up a system that provides me with webcam footage of the field when I am not there, combined with cctv capability. Is this possible? I want to be notified if someone tries to gain access into the field or cabin. Thanks for any guidance. I am a total newbie to system set up, so please be gentle with me on terminology and technology. Paul

Hi Paul 

yes it is possible also it does not break the bank

360 viewing no hotspot needed no power and full notification with audio in and out 

I will pm you a camera details 

Thanks Tom. Excuse me if I am being thick, but is the camera all I need? How do I communicate with it and how does it alert me? Via an app? Do I need to buy wire to power it, and if so what type, etc. The specification is too technical for me to work out what extras I may need, if any. I will attach the camera to the cabin via a mount. I really appreciate your suggestion, and the camera looks ideal.