Sign in to follow this  
edhando

Need help with Retail system design

I am trying to design the following system design for a small Retail enviroment.

There will be four camares. Three of them would be dome type. The fourth would be Video Camera. All cameras have to be color and with better than average sharpness.

Recording requirements: continous with 30 day storage. Dual recording for backup.

Duplication: Should have capability to copy selected duraton to either USB Drive, DVD's or other.

System type: What is better, PC based system or standalone DVR system (without Hard Drives). please assist in decesion.

Cables: RG-59 Gold

Web based remote Monitoring: Required.

Monitor: Flat Panel, sharpness and color.

Budget: Unknown. Buld as economically as possible.

The command center would be housing the system, which is 350 feet from the retail shop.

I am willing to follow up to websites and do the required reading. Just need assistance in getting this resolved as soon as posible, so I can move into ordering phase.

I would figure prices for the following:

PC Based DVR: $5000 (minimum)

Cameras: $800/each

Cable: $0.75/foot

Misc Goodies: $300 (power, connectors, misc.)

Wanting 30 days of killer video will require a good machine with lots of storage. I have been working with Video Insight and really like there stuff. As for cameras, I would stick with Panasonic, they will have the cameras your looking for. Check out the 474 series of cameras from them.

Where are you located? Some local guys on the forum here might be able to help you out.