cctv_down_under

GV POS Data Box Needed or not Needed

Hello,

I have tested the Geovision DVR with a POS register....Fristly I tested it with the POS capture Box, but then I tested it without it and it worked fine...my questions are this.

1/ If the comport on the Geo recieves the same data and there is no need for a POS Data Capture Box, is there any deficit in functionality (In other words, just what does the capture box do) I know it is only workign because what the register spits out is obviously the same or close to the protocol I am uing. I also assume that instead of the Data Capture box you could just simply use the RS232 to RS485 converter which is bucket loads cheaper?

2/ The above solves my need for one register, however if I have more than one register then I will need the GV Hub (4 x 485 signals turned into 1x USB), what i would like to know is has anyone tried using a standard 232 to 485 converter and then using the GV Hub without using any data capture box's?

3/ Does anyone have a wiring diagram for pin outs for the GV Data Box, I have a POS system here that requires the printer to be connected at all times, the printer sends a carrier detect back to the PC straight through the POS box, I need a Y cable splitter for DB9 which I can not find anywhere and I have been advised it wil not work because of Flow Control or something like that (all over my head) so I can use another port from the POS pc but pins 1 and 9 have voltage in them so I need to know if the Geo data capture DB9 input ses these pins or not?

Thanks In advance Guys