cctv_down_under

Coolest camera I have ever seen

I recently saw one of the best cameras I have ever seen in the industry.

I am not totaly sure how it all worked but the demo was amazing, from what I could see it was like a combination of four cameras in one Box with several HDD's but the cool thing was it was the equivelant of 4x 10 megapixel cams, using mirrors and what I can only assume was some kind of stitching mechanism that joined 4 x 10 megapixel images together.

They showed some images it had taken at a sports stadia with 80,000 people in it...they placed it at one end of the stadium and ok so the picture was nice and wide but big deal.....well...they zoomed in on the image to the farthest person at the end of the stadium (from the other end) and I swear you could see his face clear as day!

The best part it is portabe, so the implecations are immense, they showed another picture which appeared to be from the top of a tall office complex and you could get plates from cars that were 200 meters away in 7 different streets, so imagine the cops turning up to a riot and taking one shot of the crowd and then having the station look through the entire croud from one frame...amazing...plus often you have to search through several cameras for footage like.... "where did that guy go, lets look at this camera...no...he must have gone somewhere to another camera"

I was suitably impressed that 2 of these could do an entire football stadia

Sorry guys..

1/ Very new product and the wholesaler will not tell me where it comes from, but getting some edited PDF's sent to me.

2/ Even if I found it, unless I know the manufactorers website I can not list it......RIGHT?

Yes you can list the manufacturers web site, or if you are worried list it in the dealers section .. thanks

That sounds pretty awesome. I hope you can post more info on it soon.

I came across this weird 2 megapixel panoramic camera just the other day:

http://www.maxxvision.com/play/rpu1w_256k.html

Its about 10 min clip.

Wow that is great! The two screen split section they show on the road at the end is a great secondary camera I could use down the road in my project if it goes anywhere. Any idea what the price is on that?

They say it does not require much processing power but I have to disagree. I think it requires a LARGE amount of processing. You have to convert the doughnut image into an image we can understand. Notice how the framerate is reduced in the user images. A better processor may smooth it out but I do not know.

Arecont Vision has something like that that I've seen demo'd at recent shows. I thought it was a 4 x 5 Megapixel camera, but maybe they have a 10 MP version too.

Of course it could be somebody else entirely.

Gotta be pricey though, like several thousand dollars.

-GECAMGUY