Sign in to follow this  
kentuckynet1

Need suggestion on what system to buy

Wanting to get my daughter a camera for outside her home, she will want more than 1.

The camera needs to be solar powered, wireless and have the ability where she could have a monitor in the house, and also when away from home see it from her iphone.

Is there such a camera system? Im old school with analog cameras and wires, dvr and monitoir, i think its a zosi,. worked for years now.

All i need is one camera and dvr/receiving unit, she doesnt actually need a dvr but not sure maybe she has to go that route.

As you can tell i need a little help, she has a interent hotspot in her home but not sure how far this would reach.

I dont want her to have to pay a monthly fee to have these cameras. Farthest distance any extra cameras might be would be 150 ft or less from her home.

thanks for your help, want to get it for christmas

Hi it depends on your budget

the cheap solar from eBay or Amazon is just wasting money as it does not last and most of it needs China servers to run

ip cameras with power line adapter is much better than wireless 

then you would only need an iP camera 

but it’s also pointless if not recording the footage with either a nvr or a camera that has SD card storage