thesteve

LS VISION Wi-Fi PTZ camera with no QR code needed to connect

Hi, this is my first post here. 

I picked up a nearly new LS VISION outdoor solar ip camera that was a customer return on eBay. 

The problem is there is no original box and the first owner kept the mounting base which is where the QR Code sticker is/was.

I spent most of yesterday researching this (I originally didn't even know the correct model number) and think I may be SOL.

It was still worth it for the $20 I spent just for the lithium batteries and solar panel alone, but it seems a waste to not get to play with it.

Is there any provision from the manufacturer if you loose the QR code? 

This is an LS-WS2201 "Tuya low power outdoor solar cctv ip camera 1080p ptz wifi solar powered security camera."

https://www.lsvisionhd.com/products/low-power-outdoor-solar-cctv-ip-camera-1080p-ptz-3g-4g-sim-wireless-solar-powered-security-camera-fa.html

Here it is on aliexpress: aliexpress link

Thanks.

Hi. Not worth bothering with …… if already used then the qr code is useless to you …… the last owner would of already registered the qr code and the P2P connection (which is needed)

also it’s not a ptz …… needs waking up to activate ……. And additional cloud costs

Thanks! I forgot to mention that I'm just trying to connect this camera to the app which is probably the only way to use it. 

I have a hard-wired AHD system and DVR that I use for day-to-day security... -just bought this for fun. 

I was also thinking of using the solar part of it with this slightly better camera that I got for $14:

https://www.amazon.com/REOLINK-Argus-PT-Solar-Panel/dp/B07W6PXRR8

It is missing the solar panel but works great and has internal batteries that can be charged via USB-C.

The other day I developed a leak in my living room ceiling from some old plumbing. While I waited for the landlord to fix the leak, I was able to use that little Reolink instantly to point at the celing and monitor the situation.

I thought it was pretty cool. I just used the app which worked well.

The Reolink had the sticker and it worked even though I'm guessing it was scanned before. (?)

14 hours ago, thesteve said:

Thanks! I forgot to mention that I'm just trying to connect this camera to the app which is probably the only way to use it. 

Hi and this is your problem …… to use that app you have to register P2P with the China server or it won’t work….. there app does the port forwarding on your network

so if already used the last owner can have access but you can’t