Sign in to follow this  
guytas2

Hikvision PTZ works sometime

Hi,

I'm using a DVR from Hikvision, model DS--7308HQHI-SH with a PTZ camera (noname) that is compatible with the commands over coax PTZ Protocol HIKVISION-C..  The camera and image clarity is just fine. But the PTZ works less than half the time. I cannot pinpoint what is causing it to work or to fail. And this is like that for years but I'm fed up with the problem and I want to get this working properly.  The coax is about 100 feet.  And I already replaced it with a better quality and that made no change. Rebooting the DVR or the camera does not fix the problem.

When the problem happens, it simply doesn't move or zoom. And this can stay faulty for 30 minutes, or days...  Sometimes, when it works, it can work for a few minutes only. Soon or later it'll stop moving.  I only have one camera with the PTZ functions so I cannot compare. But I have one camera that I can control its zoom in the same way (HIKVISION-C protocol) and that one always work.

Anyone has an idea what I can look for?  There is no error code or anything anywhere so it is hard to investigate...  Unless there is a way in the Hikvision DVR to see a log or some sort.

Hi could be a number of things 

you say you have two ptz cameras 

do you know the address of both cameras along baud rate of each camera also the protocol of each

Only one with full PTZ.  The other one only have a zoom control.

I do not use RS-485 so there are no addressing. The HIKVISION-C protocol is a command over coax type of communication.

53 minutes ago, guytas2 said:

Only one with full PTZ.  The other one only have a zoom control.

I do not use RS-485 so there are no addressing. The HIKVISION-C protocol is a command over coax type of communication.

Hi even with just being a zoom camera it still needs an address or a dedicated channel 

either way both cameras need data to operate there functions and if both cameras have the same settings that gives problems

so what are the settings of your ptz ?

nope... You're wrong....  The address is used to find the camera on a RS-485 line (I have created several devices using RS-485 in the past, to access cash registers) But like I said, the commands are sent via the coax cable on the same coax as the image video.  When the HIKVISION-C protocol is selected, all the fields to enter the addresses and baud rate are grayed out as it is not used by this protocol.

Ok I’m wrong ….. not

coax control is only data up coax just the same as rs485

hikvision -c is hik own protocol and as your using a no name ptz  you don’t have full control 

so your best using the standard protocol and baud rate and address

5 minutes ago, guytas2 said:

I was trying to get away from that ;-)  The cable is under ground (and under snow right now). ;-)

You can still use data over coax 

you need to change your protocol baud rate

you might also have a link pin in your ptz 

is it analog or analog tvi cvi ahd 

It is TVI yes. And the baud rate is not selectable when the protocol is set to HIKVISION-C.

But what I would like to know is how to investigate on problems with commands over coax?  Pelco also have a similar protocol.  Actually, HIKVISION-C is supposed to based on that pelco COAXITRON.

If it was 485, it would be so simple to check... you put the scope on the line and you see the signal and you can calibrate the terminal resistors properly, and then you put a computer with a 485 interface and you can monitor the exacts commands.  But what can I check with this protocol?  Tapping the coax cable you can see the video signal but what?  I wish I could see the commands arriving at the camera and see if they are OK.

Looking at it right now, it is working just fine. I can move in any direction I want without any problem.  But soon or later it will stop.

47 minutes ago, guytas2 said:

Actually, HIKVISION-C is supposed to based on that pelco COAXITRON.

infact coaxitrom was a protocol in its own right even before hikvision was in business 

modern day data up coax is now standard protocol…. Pelco D or P and even generic protocol if supported by the camera

you can check the commands via the tvi menu

ha...  It'll have to wait :(  I just discover that the menu is also not working sometimes.  I'll keep checking until the menu works.  But I dont get it.  What exactly you want me to check in the menu?  Because when it start working, it does work fine.

By the way... thanks for helping... (in case I forget later on)

When I reboot the camera, it shows PROTOCOL:AUTO, communication 2400,N,8,1

But still cannot access it at this moment

ok, I might be on something....

I got communiation right now.  And if I go in the COMM menu, the cursor is sitting on CHECK ID  807908

There are the folliwing options on that menu (but I cant get doen to them)

TARGET ID 001

SOFT PROTOCOL  AUTO

BAUD RATE 2400BPS

COMM RESET

SAVE

EXIT

but the cursur stays on the CHECK ID line.  I can change that value but it doesn't affect anything else

Ok

target ID is also called address

protocol needs to be taken off auto and pelco p baud rate is fine at 24.

you also need to find this info out on your zoom camera 

OK, this is in the camera.  And the mode AUTO cannot be changed. You seems to think that the baud rate matters...  But it is not selectable when the HIKVISION-C is selected.  Anyway, if the baud rate would matter, it would not work at all if the baud rate would be wrong.

I have performed the COMM RESET and it made no difference after it finished rebooting.

1 hour ago, guytas2 said:

You seems to think that the baud rate matters... 

Yes it matters a lot …….. it’s speed of data 

so when you say sometimes moves and stops 

this is a pointless post 

twice asked for your other cameras setting 

But it is not selectable when the HIKVISION-C is selected.

Your back to hikvision own protocol yet your not using a hikvision

this is in the camera.  And the mode AUTO cannot be changed.

So what if you was on another dvr not hik what settings would you use ? And how

how are you getting into camera menu

my god...

You seems to think that I'm a twit or something.  And you don't seems to know anything about that protocol.  I wanted hikvision, and I wanted to use this protocol.  I will not change that.

I'm a engineer, programmer, and retired electronic technician (TV and computer) but speak french, so may be I'm not explaining things correctly in English, but I thought I was not so bad.

But you're right... this is point less.

My first question was related to an intermittent problem with this protocol and I'm searching how to investigate the problem so I can correct it. Sorry I took your time.

7 hours ago, guytas2 said:

You seems to think that I'm a twit or something.  And you don't seems to know anything about that protocol.  I wanted hikvision, and I wanted to use this protocol.  I will not change that.

You might want to use it ……. But it’s not compatible with your none hikvision ptz 

using the wrong protocol will give symptoms just like you have explained and in some cases not work at all

8 hours ago, guytas2 said:

I'm a engineer, programmer, and retired electronic technician (TV and computer)

Ok then let’s put your problem another way 

a protocol is like a driver in a computer component 

install a printer ……. It installs the drive (software)

webcam ….. it installs the drive (software)

so let’s call the driver …… PROTOCOL 

your using a Epson printer …. Works good does everything……. But then plug in a HP printer  but keep it on the Epson driver (protocol)  …….. when it prints all you get is a load of letters and symbols 

this is because it’s on the wrong driver (protocol)

8 hours ago, guytas2 said:

My first question was related to an intermittent problem with this protocol and I'm searching how to investigate the problem so I can correct it.

Well there are two questions you still won’t answer after me asking them 3 times 

what are the settings on the zoom camera …..as this also uses a protocol 

also what is the address of each camera  which I asked in my second post 

but you seem to think has nothing to do with it 

protocol has to be sent somewhere 

either 485 or coax ……. TX -RX   ( you being an engineer)  tx  = transmit.  Rx = receive

so if you have two cameras on same address this could also be your problem 

ptz camera and a zoom only camera 

Press up to mover ptz up should work but if zoom camera gets the command first it won’t send handshake back …….. because it has no up command ….. basically it’s confused 

so yes address is just as important 

the other question I asked a few time was how are you getting into camera menu

if you don’t know just say and I’ll give you the command code

and at no time did I call you twit

On 29/01/2022 at 19:09, guytas2 said:

Salut,

J'utilise un DVR de Hikvision, modèle DS--7308HQHI-SH avec une caméra PTZ (noname) compatible avec les commandes via le protocole PTZ coaxial HIKVISION-C. La caméra et la clarté de l'image sont très bien. Mais le PTZ fonctionne moins de la moitié du temps. Je ne peux pas identifier ce qui le fait fonctionner ou échouer. Et c'est comme ça depuis des années mais j'en ai marre du problème et je veux que ça marche correctement. Le coaxial est d'environ 100 pieds. Et je l'ai déjà remplacé par une meilleure qualité et cela n'a rien changé. Redémarrer le DVR ou la caméra ne résout pas le problème.

Lorsque le problème survient, il ne bouge tout simplement pas ou ne zoome pas. Et cela peut rester défectueux pendant 30 minutes, voire des jours... Parfois, quand ça marche, ça peut marcher quelques minutes seulement. Tôt ou tard, il cessera de bouger. Je n'ai qu'une seule caméra avec les fonctions PTZ donc je ne peux pas comparer. Mais j'ai une caméra dont je peux contrôler le zoom de la même manière (protocole HIKVISION-C) et celle-là fonctionne toujours.

Quelqu'un a une idée de ce que je peux rechercher ? Il n'y a pas de code d'erreur ou quoi que ce soit n'importe où, il est donc difficile d'enquêter... À moins qu'il n'y ait un moyen dans le DVR Hikvision de voir un journal ou une sorte.

Où as tu placé l alimentation de la ptz? Si c est a 100pied reproche la de la camera