Sign in to follow this  
crunkin4justinrt

Video Loss - HELP

Hi Guys,

I need help again. One of my cameras has been acting squirly and now just says video loss. I have checked the plugs in the back of the DVR, checked the connections at the power box and checked the connections at the camera and everything is tight. Any suggestions on what I can try next?  

I don't know if the camera is bad or the wiring has a problem. Please help me :)

IMG_1328.jpg

IMG_1329.jpg

IMG_1330.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

Hi first looking at your pictures channel 1 in power supply is showing fuse has blown

and your bnc connection is a old type screw on ….. not good on that cable … so I would either cut the cable and redo it

Hey thanks for the reply. It was not blown until I messed with the wires so I must have done that. Now I need to see if I have any replacement fuses.

Would I need to replace the entire cable from the camera to the power supply? I have no idea how to do that.

How can I make sure the camera is working?

I can move the fuse, but like I said it was not blown until I messed with the wires. I took the yellow screw caps Off and checked the connection and put them back on and that must have blown the fuse. I'm afraid if I move it I might blow the fuse again and still have a problem. It was not working before and the fuse had not blown yet.

Hi the easiest way to test a camera is take it down and swap it with one you know is working

fuse …… if you think the fuse is loose then remove the red and black wire and insert them into the bottom channel

44 minutes ago, crunkin4justinrt said:

Tom, what would be the best order to do this so I don't end up blowing another fuse?

Hi best to switch power supply off first 

30 minutes ago, crunkin4justinrt said:

Also, @tomcctv - if I need to replace the wiring from the camera to the power supply to dvr, can you send me a link to what I need? I am clueless. 

Hi wire nuts are ok but to keep things simple and tidy these are much better 

https://www.amazon.com/Ksmile®-2-1x5-5mm-Adapter-Connector-Camera/dp/B015OCV5XY/ref=mp_s_a_1_17?crid=22P687OI0ZTMX&keywords=cctv+power+plugs&qid=1643834310&sprefix=cctv+power+plugs%2Caps%2C185&sr=8-17

ok, thanks for that product recommendation. So you think if there is a problem it's in that part of the connection where the wire nuts are?

Before I order that, I think I first need to see if the camera is working.

What should I do first?

1. turn off power supply

2. move red and black cable down to bottom slot on power supply

3. turn on power supply and see if camera is working? if not, it must be the wiring?

My only concern is that this might cause me to blow the bottom fuse as well but I don't know what else to do. 

The model # on the back is CMHT1422W-28 - would it be best to get the same thing to replace? or can I upgrade and be able to just plug it in without rewiring? what are some options you can recommend?

29 minutes ago, crunkin4justinrt said:

One of my other cameras is acting up too now, flickering screen, dark picture. I wonder if I have a problem with the power supply?

Hi. If this has started to happen since you swapped the first bad camera  then I would now look at the BNC connector …… as a bad BNC connector gives the same symptoms 

twist on BNC are very unreliable at the best of times crimp on are supposed to be used on that cable but needs the right tools for crimping

i would have a look at redoing your bnc twist on and see how that goes

Thanks @tomcctv - this seems to be an intermittent problem. Can you post a product link to what I need to purchase? I am seeing male and female and I dont know what I need.

https://www.amazon.com/BeElion-Twist-Coaxial-Connector-Security/dp/B01M0HGOTV/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3DMCTXUBTIFU4&keywords=bnc+coaxial+connectors&qid=1643904906&sprefix=bnc+coax%2Caps%2C93&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/Male-Plug-Female-Adapter-Connector/dp/B077PFF21D/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3DMCTXUBTIFU4&keywords=bnc+coaxial+connectors&qid=1643905045&sprefix=bnc+coax%2Caps%2C93&sr=8-5

https://www.amazon.com/Superbat-Adapter-Female-Coaxial-Connector/dp/B07JMLWJBW/ref=sr_1_11?crid=3DMCTXUBTIFU4&keywords=bnc+coaxial+connectors&qid=1643905045&sprefix=bnc+coax%2Caps%2C93&sr=8-11

Also, with my current power supply, do you see any problems upgrading some of my 2.1 MP LTS cameras to 5MP LTS ones? something like this: https://www.ebay.com/p/5016974856?iid=363713097014